Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

From natural conception until natural death?

There's something that's been rolling around in my head for a little while now. At many Masses I have been to, we pray for the protection of life from "conception until natural death." However, such methods of conception and gestation as IVF and surrogacy degrade human dignity just as euthanasia does. So I think, to avoid any confusion on the "Catholic stance" regarding life, we should change our prayer to "natural conception until natural death."

P.S. Yes, I know I haven't posted for over 4 months. Things have been busy, okay?! :-P

3 comments:

  1. But Nick, life is life, even if it has been artificially engineered. I would argue that those embryos held in suspension, are also worthy of our prayers. Not, of course, the process that placed them there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you...perhaps I was unclear about this...in fact, maybe I should edit this/make a new post about it. I've thought about this more of late. What I really mean is we should pray that every person may be given the right to be conceived within the conjugal act carried out by husband and wife. Perhaps part of the prayer should be for those specifically denied their right to natural conception and/or death, no?

      Also, Mr. Collins, I have been following your musings about what would be the morally right thing to do with those children held indefinitely in cold storage...they, most certainly, need our prayers!

      Delete
    2. Just made an addendum, Mr. Collins. Thank you!

      Delete